Monday, June 20, 2011

Curb Appeal Improvement

Sunday we decided it was time to change out our front screen door. We had bought it not long after buying the house when money was tight, and it was a damaged door at a huge discount that my husband was able to fix.

It doesn't look to bad, but in order for it to shut you had to really pull on it.

Here is the new door which is vinyl instead of wood..no painting!

But while Mr. Sentimental was busy working on the door I was working on this.

A piece of iron I picked up at my friends store Persimmon Lane
Love the acorn design, since we have a huge oak tree

Must of been white at one time, so....

I painted it white because I got it to put on the garden cottage in the back yard.

Turned out well, and the details really show, so I was ready to put it up on the shed
but....second thought? hhmm

Well...as you can see it never made it to the back yard!

At one time I am sure our house had a window above the door like our neighbors. I had something hanging here once but took it down. It just needed something there.
The finished product. Mr. really liked it because it matches the mailbox and light fixture. So I am hoping we improved our curb appeal this weekend.
Now I better go send my friend a message and see if she still has more pieces for sale, because I still want it for the cottage!

Joining Metamorphosis Monday


7 comments:

ann said...

I love it! I have a boring gray door on a brick front, not at all cottage. Yours is just so charming. Love love love it.

Tete said...

I love the new door! I can't believe it's not wood! Oh, I need one! We are going to be replacing our big doors this fall, and that screen would look so cool! Front and back- and no painting...I can do that!
I need that oak thingy, after all, I do live in OAKland. LOL
Have a great week!
Hugs- Tete

Lottie said...

Beautiful improvement! :-)

~ ~ Ahrisha ~ ~ said...

So very pretty. Love your door floral arrangement too.
~ ~Ahrisha~ ~

GardenOfDaisies said...

Very pretty!

★Carol★ said...

I've always wanted a screen door, so I'm really loving yours, and that pretty iron piece above it really finishes the whole look. Beautiful!

Sanghamitra Bhattacherjee(Mukherjee) said...

Love the new door! It is adorable! The nice floral arrangement on the door is beautiful!
Hope to see you on my blog:)