Monday, March 26, 2012

Great Weather for a 1515 Get Away

I got to go to 1515 for the first time since the infamous, water main break in January
Oh what a glorious weekend!
I actually got off work a couple hours early thanks to my friend Jan. So I headed home Thursday night.
Friday we had big plans
I took cousins Marty, Mary and PJ to the beautiful renovated Mattoon Amtrak station for them to board for a short trip. It was PJ's first train trip.
So 30 minutes later...........
I picked them up in Effingham

On to Greenup for lunch

at the new BBQ place...yummy!!

Went to my favorite store, Grandma's Place
She just happened to be having a open house for her 25th anniversary!
Guess what...?
I won a $25 gift certificate! Thanks Sue, now when I come back I can buy myself a little something.

More shopping and antique hunting
Cumberland Road Antiques moved to a new store and it is wonderful
No Pyrex to find but wonderful finds abound!
Cathy has done a great job with moving her mothers inventory and creating a new space.

Back home
Everything is blooming, tulips, narcissus, Bradford pears

Beautiful day for swing on the porch
10 friends and family out for dinner
We celebrate cousin Fred's birthday a little early
On to the local coffee house to hear local singers and musicians.

The next day was long walks, sitting on the porch and some yard work and Pyrex hunting. But only after going back to Greenup at 8am for a estate sale with my friend Cheryl, I will show you my finds Friday.

We took turns mowing with the hand mower, who would think in March!

A walk through the neighborhood.

Checking out a new house going up at 1414!

Dinner was pizza and salad with cousin Fred.
The Indiana gang left about 1000 and I stayed till have my Charleston Riot Committee meeting.
Oh yes, they nominated me Committee Director....hope I can live up to this. I have never done anything like this before, everyone else on the committee are historians and published authors. I have exactly 2 years to pull a 3 day historical event together in a town I do not live in...yikes!

But before I left I spruced up the kitchen with my new Pyrex finds.


Have a wonderful Monday, I need to get the laundry and cleaning done before it is back to work.
Sorry I did not visit over the weekend!

Being at 1515 sure made me feel relaxed and recharged.


ANN

5 comments:

Robin@DecoratingTennisGirl said...

Sorry I missed you this time, but looks like you all had a wonderful time! Love the Pyrex finds :) I love that fenced cape in your neighborhood.
xoxo

Richard Cottrell said...

Looks like you really had a good time. I long for a day trip. Richard from My Old Historic House.

Sherry@Back2Vintage said...

It looks like you had so much fun!!! Congrats on the gift certificate...lucky you! Love the Pyrex and other vintage kitchenware!!!

Olive said...

Ann, so glad you had a little relaxing break. The pyrex is the bomb diggity. olive

Sara said...

Looks like you had the prefect weekend! I'm glad you had a fun, relaxing time! :) Looking forward to Easter brunch with you and Bob!