Monday, January 3, 2011

Table Top Tuesday

I was lazy this weekend...I got the tree down but still am putting all the other Christmas things away. So for Table Top Tuesday I decided to show you some things in my spare bedroom, or as I refer to it as "Mom's room". She always stayed in that room and when I was single, I bought my house and she spent enough time and money helping me with the house she thought she at least owned that room!



This is my singer sewing machine I bought over 20 years ago in Indiana. The owner who sold it too me wrote a wonderful note of where the sewing machine came from...she said "It reminds me of Abraham Lincoln, it started in Kentucky, made it's way to Indiana and is now on to it's final home in Illinois."
It is beautiful, sorry I don't have it open. Sitting on top is all things that came from my Mom's mother, her sewing box and a jar full of buttons.
The wonderful baby buggy was my Mom's...it even swivels.

Above on a shelf, I display all the things I found in the sewing box.
Tons of old thimbles, silver ones, gold ones and some with advertising on them. And I really love the needle packets. The plate above is my Holly Hobbie plate I bought with babysitting money in the 1970's.

Check out the "war pack" needles and I love the graphics of the mother and baby on the other packet.
It was such a treasure trove when I found the sewing box and all the things in it when I opened it! Thinking some of she bought when living in Detroit MI in the 1920-1930's.
Thanks Grandma, I now enjoy these things everyday!


Joining Marty at Stoll Thru Life


6 comments:

Rebecca said...

Another great post-keep them coming-so love the history and the memories!

Robin@DecoratingTennisGirl said...

Love all your things on your sewing machine. So great that you have your Mom's room in her honor.

sweet violets said...

What sweet treasures you found!!! Thanks for sharing....cleo

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh what wonderful treasure and heirlooms. Love the sewing machine and the toys and all the other treasures are so wonderful. You have them displayed beautifully. Thanks for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

Donnie said...

What a sweet room filled with memories. Lovely post.

Decor To Adore said...

Oh that red baby buggy is lovely!

I have to say I am absolutely thrilled that you will be joining me on the carriage ride destined for Royal Wedding Wednesdays. When I hit the "publish" button I had a momentary feeling of panic that my post would be met with only the sound crickets chirping. It has been quite the opposite, so much so that I feel we have a kindred spirit/sisterhood sorority.

Here's to fairytales!