Sunday, August 2, 2015

"I just love this kitchen!"

At 1515 I hear the phrase
"I love this kitchen!"
almost every time someone walks into for the first time.

walking into the kitchen as the pass by my Grandmother's aprons
I think they go back in time, to their own Grandmothers kitchen.
It develops a sense of contentment and happiness.

the kind of kitchen that you expect pies to be cooling on the Hoosier cabinet

there is always vintage items that remind you of times past
and visitors love checking them all out.


It is a sunny spot too, well what can you say it is just CHEERY!

I think of all the meals my Grandmother made it that kitchen.
That what comes to mind as people come to the kitchen, they think of all their Grandmothers.
The times spent around the kitchen table.
It just makes us feel good.
So people hang out in the kitchen today too. Dinner for 18 may mean there is plenty of room in the dining room or living room, but people linger in the kitchen "I'll just sit here".

Seems when I leave 1515 I always take a look back with a smile.
thinking I will return again soon.

But I know I leave the kitchen with memories and laughter.

I can still hear my sweet Daddy and Aunt Catherine's laughter in the
1515 kitchen


8 comments:

Susie said...

Ann, I love seeing your home there. I know it's your special gathering place. Reading your post...my mind went back to the little kitchen where we all were raised...we bigger kids would stand at the counters to eat, while mom, dad and the little ones ate at the table. There was 11 of us kids.. I said my mom had wall to wall kids and not enough walls. LOL. As tough as those times were...what I wouldn't give to get to have one more meal with all of my family there. Blessings to you, xoxo,Susie

Anonymous said...

Hi Ann! I just love your kitchen too! All of the lovely olden things and the memories that come along with them. Just makes me so happy looking at it.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Gina @ VictorianWannaBe said...

Oh Ann, that is so sweet. The kitchen is a wonderful and welcoming space that I know holds so many dear memories for you. That is so cool that you own it and have it decorated as a yesteryear house.
Thanks for sharing it with us and have a great week!
Gina

Pat said...

Ann,
I agree this Kitchen is charming, indeed!!!
It reminds me of my beloved Mother~in~law's farm kitchen.
Instead of the cabinet, she had a Warm Morning Stove
where she placed the pies for "warming" before meals!!!
I adore that you were able to purchase and continue
to maintain this home for generations of your family to enjoy!!!
Thank you for sharing this "cheery" decor with us!!!
Fondly,
Pat

ann said...

Each time you write about 1515, I want to be there. I am working on a dollhouse (I have a blog devoted to it; the link is on my Garden Spot), and while it is not my grandmother's house, I'd like to think that someone's grandma lives there. You are so very fortunate to be able to have 1515. And I always think of you when I see a piece of pyrex!

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

I can see why everyone loves it! It is so warm and welcoming, and holds so many great memories for you. :)

Curtains in My Tree said...


You are so lucky to have that house and all the memories
It makes me so home sick for my Grandparents home where I grew up
till I got married.
I would try to but it however was torn down years ago

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

This must be one of the cheeriest kitchens on the planet! And so many wonderful memories for you. Such a special place. So nice to have a visit from you over on my blog!