Saturday, February 15, 2014

Happy Birthday Grandad!

Hard to believe my dear Grandad would be 127 today!
From sitting around his dining room table at 1515 I learned the story
of his Grandfather in the Charleston Riot.
Because of him I am on a special journey.

Walter Ewing Winkler
or 
WEW

he is the boy standing holding his Mothers arm
I think my Great Grandfather was so handsome

at 21

Officers training WWI
with his sweetheart

1948 with his dad and brother

in the garden at 1515

the last Christmas we all spent together 1976

look at the pride on his face with all 8 grandchildren
I am the littlest

37 years ago today

miss you,

with love,

Ann

4 comments:

Susie said...

This is a beautiful tribute to your grandfather. I can only remember seeing my grandfather once. I do not remember any other g.parents. My children and their children do remember my parents very well...that makes me feel good about their relationship. Blessings to you dear Ann. Hope you have been safe and doing well during this long hard winter. xoxo,Susie

Terra said...

What a nice looking man and great he had a photo taken with all 8 grandkids. That is nice to honor him in this post.

NanaDiana said...

Ann- What a wonderful tribute to your Granddad. He looks proud as punch in that picture with all the grandkids! xo Diana

Pat said...

Ann,
AMAZING photographic tribute to your Great Grandfather, Ann!
Reminds me of the song, "If I Could Turn Back Time".
Fondly,
Pat