Thursday, February 24, 2011

Vintage Finds

I had a day yesterday where I left for work at 4:45 am and finally was back home at 8:40 pm! I was tired when I got up but had a yearning to go hunting. Here is what I found today.

I found a nearly perfect tin trash can, decals, vintage buttons and some vintage RR playing cards.


The colors are so bright....I love it! But does it go in the kitchen at 1515 or in the cottage?

I bought these because I loved the pictures on the package.

They were .75 cents a piece.

Ok, I had to pay more than the 29 cents! But only $2.
I just love things in their original packages.

Can you remember them on Hoosier cabinets,  head boards of baby beds and high chairs?


This was an exciting find for me! My Grandfather was a conductor on the Nickel Plate and worked for them over 40 years! They will either be sitting on his bedside table in his bedroom at 1515 or I may send them to my cousin who collects RR memorabilia and is very ill.

I had fun today, did not spend over $25. joining Linda at A La Carte for Junkin Fridays

11 comments:

Queenie's Vintage Finds said...

That trash can is so cute and so are those little decals! I bet the RR Cards would make your cousins day...you should send them :)
Big hugs,
Queenie

Unknown said...

Love the trash can and buttons especially what great finds! How fun! Hugs! Marilou xo

Linda @ A La Carte said...

That is such a pretty trash can. Love the little blue bird on the button package, but my favorite? Those decals! I remember them on something I had as a child...talk about a flash back! Wow that is a great find! Thanks for joining JFF! hugs, Linda

A Few Pennies said...

I love your bargains! And I reallllly love your header--that potting shed and the flower gardens are so beautiful. Sigh----

NanE said...

Wow, great finds! I love the decals, so cute and yes, I remember seeing them on furniture too. TFS, Nan
PS, forgot to say, every time I see your header with your garden and the watering cans it makes me smile! :)

Lynda said...

These are such great vintage treasures. Thanks for sharing. I love the button cards.

Rebecca said...

Hey Girl-hope things are good for you-I feel like I never stop running lately. I've got some comp time coming in March and I'm looking forward to it! Love the trash can-think I have a bread box that matches it in the barn!

Robin@DecoratingTennisGirl said...

Great finds. I still have Granny's chickens on her Hoosier Cabinet. Wonderful! I love the trash can. too. I vote for 1515. Be careful going to work.

Donnie said...

What wonderful finds and those playing cards are lovely to bring back sweet memories to whoever takes care of them for you.

Tete said...

I have an award for you- stop by and snag it!
Hugs- Tete

Anonymous said...

Color me jealous - awesome finds, right up my alley!