Sunday, June 17, 2012

Some People Do Not Forget

Last week I posted this picture of my Dad on Facebook in honor of
 Father's Day.
I think the picture was taken in the early 60's. It was a yearbook picture, the year my Father was 
Teacher of the Year.

But my surprise was the response it got?
I keep having messages..........

"I just saw your father's picture. I was in high school in the early sixties, I thought your Father was the best Teacher Cumberland had at that time. I still remember things he taught me in Biology! I'm sure you don't know me, ............but I thought I'd let you know!" M

"Ann, you don't know me but I wanted to let you  know, your Dad was my favorite teacher in high school.
I graduated from Cumberland in 1961and he made Biology one of my favorite subjects in school" J

" Ann you don't know me but your Dad was my favorite teacher" D

"Nice picture of your Dad. He was a great teacher, wish I had been a better student! I will never forget
he gave me an A because I ate chocolate covered ants." K

I guess this goes along with last year when I was home on Veterans Day and I walked into an antique store and the owner pointed at me and said " well there is Ann now, you can ask her".
The gentleman was wanting to know where my Dad was buried so he could go pay his respects because he was his favorite teacher and he remembered he was in WWII.

I am at 1515, so I can wander into his boyhood bedroom and think and shed a tear.

He was a great teacher.............
but a better Daddy then you will ever know.

I love you Daddy.

Kenneth Ewing Winkler
1924-1978

6 comments:

Paulette said...

We never realize the lives we touch, what a wonderful tribute to your father. Enjoy 1515 and the memories.

Sunny Simple Life said...

What a wonderful tribute and story of how your dad touched the lives of so many.

NanaDiana said...

Wow- What a tribute to your Dad-especially all those people that let you know how much he meant in their lives. He died very young, didn't he? How sad...and you weren't very old when he died,either. Blessings to you-xo Diana

Pam@OurAdventuresInHomeImprovement said...

What a great way to honor your Dad! I love Facebook for the positive, uplifting posts that bring people together!

Have a great week.
Pam

Rose H (UK) said...

This has bought a tear to my eye Ann, how wonderful that YOUR dad is the one that they remember as someone special.
Hugs
Rose H
x

sweetvintageofmine said...

What a GREAT TRIBUTE to your FATHER! He obviously impacted many lives around him. Life was too short for him as well as my Father. He passed at 59. We need more people like our Fathers in todays world. I believe it would be a better place. From one sweetie to another...Roxie