Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Vintage Banner

My Dad was a great football player and was even named as an area All Star center. If WWII had not of started while he was in High School, I think he would of played College football.

Here he is #35 center for the Charleston Trojans



Buying 1515 (his childhood home) and fixing up his bedroom has been fun. Mostly with pictures of the men in my family, my Dad's books, report cards, grocery store jacket ...you name it.
But one thing I wanted to hang up...it reminded me of John Boy Walton's bedroom.

Can you see the Boatwright Banner above the bed?

A Vintage school banner. Never thought I would but I found one!

what a great find!

Now I just need to find the perfect place in his boyhood room to hang it.

Joining Vintage Thingie Thursday


10 comments:

Sincerely Retro said...

I love, love, love vintage football. You are so fortunate to have his pictures in his football uniform. He's handsome too. I'm a big fan of college football, especially college. I follow a Vintage Football blogger, he doesn't update as much as I would love for him to but maybe since football season is just around the corner he will. Look on my blog and he's on the left side under my Blog List under Vintage College Football Programs. It's really cool. Anyway, I enjoyed reading your post and I'm on my way to post on "Vintage Thursday". Keep cool!

LV said...

A great vintage tribute to your father. He would have been very proud.

Robin@DecoratingTennisGirl said...

It's really great that your Dad got to transfer his love of football over to being a coach, too! Good pic of him :)

Jenny's Heart said...

Your dad has a beautiful daughter.
Your love for him shows in the detail and thought you have put into "his" room.

Tammy said...

Lovely vintage banner, great story about your all-star football playing dad and restoring his childhood room.

Queenie's Vintage Finds said...

I'm so glad you found the vintage banner and could add the banner to the room...it looks like a very special place :)
Q~

Karena said...

Oh this is so great, I know your Dad's memorabilia will be so special in the room!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Come and enter my $150 Giveaway from Dr Perricone!

Anita at Cedar Hill said...

Oh wow, that is so special. What a great tribute to your dad.

Ann from On Sutton Place said...

Love the pennant. My high school mascot was also a Trojan! Our logo was the same head too. Only difference is that our colors are blue and gold...not red and gold. Stay cool. Thanks for sharing!

Rebecca said...

You just keep adding and adding on to that wonderful history-I can't get enough of it!!!