Thursday, December 9, 2010

Vintage Aluminum Christmas Reindeer Plate

I made it to 1515 and I was lucky to unpack yesterday, go grocery shopping and of course hit my 2 favorite antique stores.......I will show you what I got later. Since nothing is ready to show here I will show you something from home.

This plate was my Mother's. At Christmas it was always on her hutch in our kitchen. I think she got it as a wedding present in 1947, aluminum was very popular at the time of her marriage. I have never seen another plate like it in all my antiquing?

It was hard to get a picture where the flash did not shine on the plate.
A closer look.

Here is the marking on the back

I put it in a section of the curio cabinet that my Mother in law had and I have all my crystal in. I just add a few new things in blue. I love my little skater girl.

Joining Coloradolady for Vintage Thingie Thursday

I will be posting 1515 decorations as I go this week!

5 comments:

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Good Morning Ann Sweetie...
Oh 1515 is looking good. I have to tell you I am so enjoying the festivities over here.

I love this aluminum plate that belonged to your Momma. How gorgeous it is. I love the way the deer was captured, leeping as they do in real life. The stars and sprigs and the way that it all shapes into what appears to be a round ornament. So unusal, and I have never seen one like it. Thank you so much for sharing this beautiful piece of love with me this morning. It has so touched my heart.

Oh and that little skater girl, PRECIOUS. I love the look on her little face. Catch me if you can.

Have a gorgeous Thursday sweetie. Many hugs and much love, Sherry

The Tablescaper said...

That is a really neat plate. I've seen a lot of aluminum but never Christmas aluminum.

- The Tablescaper

LV said...

I have not seen a plate like this before. Thanks for sharing something so special to you. A real treasure for sure.

Pam Kessler said...

Me too. I have never seen that plate before. I just bought some aluminum a few weeks ago. I sort of like the flat (less shiny?) look to it. Very cute.

Tete said...

Love it all and the aluminum platter is cool- never seen one either.
I like your collection of blue in the cabinet and the skater girl is so pretty.
Now- you are killing me! Tell me what you thought of my junque at Copper Eagle and what did you buy? I'm dying to know...LOL.
Hugs- Tete