Sunday, November 7, 2010

The Shopping Season has started!!

I knew the day after Halloween that the Christmas commercials would start.....and they did.  But I don't remember all the Christmas open houses being so early? Came home to 1515 to go to the open houses with my twin cousins. It seems as if I wait until I am home the middle of December to go shopping there is nothing left.

We had a great day Saturday.....we even had our picture taken with Santa and Mrs. Claus!

Santa ice sculpture

Santa has a open sleigh that he drives!

In Illinois we don't normally have red geraniums in a sleigh for Christmas, but I think it looks beautiful!


A squirrel enjoying a left over pumpkin outside the local B&B.

The B&B had all their employees make gingerbread houses. Some talented people! They were gorgeous.


Love the little red house.


They were getting ready for a dinner party. Thought you might enjoy looking at their tablescapes.
This is more a pretty fall picture than a Christmas picture!


Have a wonderful Sunday and Happy Shopping!

4 comments:

Robin@DecoratingTennisGirl said...

Ann,
Is that Lynn's B&B in Arcola? I have been busy decorating the little house. Love it!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Such gorgeous tablescapes and the ginger bread houses are wonderful. Gorgeous. Hugs, Marty

KobysCache said...

Thanks for sharing these photos. Love the squirrel on the pumpkin - didn't realize they ate those things! Now off to dust off my red glassware and start thinking of the coming season...

Tete said...

Morning Ann,
Just love your photos of Arcola. I love Vyverberg's! It is my very favorite store of all time and I am going to be so sad when it closes. I know the owners are getting older and it will happen someday.
The Brick Wall is so expensive- love what they have but have never bought anything in there!
You should have shown the Hippy Wall- wink wink! LOL
My kids loved that so much!
Love the Santa car- too cute.
I had no idea squirrels could be so cruel! Poor Mr Pumpkin- I have never had any eat on mine- but will put them out by the field from now on instead of in the garbage.
Have a great day- Tete