Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

For those of you fortunate enough to be a Mother, I hope your day is filled with happiness and love of your family.

Of course I think Heidi, Boots and Pinky think of me as their Mommy?

I luckily will spend the day with my very dear Mother in law. My husband is one of 8, so we are going over and make her a gourmet breakfast......time to have her all to ourselves before everyone else shows up!

But of course this day makes me miss my Mom.
Her Iris's are blooming


She had a large bed of Iris's, outside her backdoor. I was able to bring some home with me, a little part of my Mom by my front door. They are ready to burst out.

Wish you were here so we could sit outside and visit.

This was one of her Mother's Day presents one year.  A Lenox Iris pitcher, it always sat on her dining room hutch, she loved it like she loved Iris's.

Soon, I can fill it with real flowers that belonged to you Mom.

So for those of you that still have your Mother's, please hold them dear and tell them you love them.

I just know I was blessed because I did and still have the best Mother in the world.

Happy Mother's Day

12 comments:

Debbie said...

Good morning Ann,
Your tribute to your Mom is a beautiful one!
I hope you enjoy your day.
Thank you for praying for my girls.
Hugs,
Debbie

★Carol★ said...

Those irises are such a beautiful, living tribute to your Mom. I hope you can fill that lovely pitcher of hers very soon!

Tete said...

Your mother was beautiful, just like you are. Love her iris and pitcher. There's no flower more beautiful and a wonderful way to remember her.
Have a wonderful day, sweetie!
Hugs- Tete

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Beautiful Irises and what a sweet way to remember your Mother. I am lucky to have my Mom still here on earth and I treasure her! I think fur babies do make us Moms also! Happy Mother's Day.

Kathy said...

Beautiful tribute to your mother - I paid one to mine this morning - I miss her too - So thankful to have had her - love that you have the Iris to remember her by - Hope you have a very blessed time with your Mother-in-Law.
God Bless,
Kathy

Susan Freeman said...

Hi Ann! I wish that I were with you so that I could give you a big hug! So I'm just sending one to you through the miracle of modern technology. Your Mom did a great job raising such a loving daughter.

Lots of love and hugs,
Susan and Bentley
xxoo

Sherry@Back2Vintage said...

What a wonderful way to remember your mother...the irises are beautiful!!!

Terry @ La Bella Vie said...

Oh I love this! Its so beautiful and a wonderful way to remember your mother!
Happy Mother's day to you too!
Terry

Anonymous said...

Ann,
What a lovely picture of your dear mother! Hope you had a wonderful day. The irises are special.

Rebecca said...

Lovely post about your mother-wish I could have met her-but her memories are alive thru you! Happy Mother's Day to you-kiss the furry babies!

Donna said...

What a wonderful post about your Mom! I know the day must have been bittersweet for you, but that is so great that you have some of her beloved irises as a reminder of her love:)

Diann said...

A wonderful Mother's Day post. Your flowers are so pretty as is your lovely mother!