Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Vintage Victorian Metal Flower Stand

This weekend I had some good weather days so we were able to get out and wash the siding and clean off the front porch. So then I could begin planting some things in my vintage flower pots.



This is my vintage wire flower stand. I had wanted one for years but they were so expensive until I found this one!


This is the mess I had!  before now.............

after....aahhh all clean and planted.

home depot had a good sale on geraniums, so I decide to go with them. I have trouble getting things to grow here, no sun until late afternoon then it is so intense.

I am so happy when I find old trellis's, I love the look.

My kitty cat to watch over the porch!

This is one of my favorite McCoy pots, because of the rose design. I have the same one in pink.

Since it is almost Easter, here are 2 of my bunny planters.


I could show you my other trellis and outdoor front porch vignettes but I will save that for another week.

My wicker planter is in need of repair and my husband has not brought the ferns and geraniums home from storing them at his business over the winter yet. The geraniums are in planter boxes my mom had built for her mother on mothers day during WWII. They are filled with pink geraniums, I have hanging pink geraniums and ferns hanging around the wrap around porch. I sometimes wonder if people call my house the pink geranium house?

here is a preview




Joining Outdoor Wednesdays




and Vintage Thingie Thursday


19 comments:

Tallulah's Antique Closet said...

That is a great Victorian stand and your collection of vintage pots are very pretty with all the flowers. You did a great job on fixing it up. Have a great Easter.....Julian

Sherry@Back2Vintage said...

I'm having McCoy envy! Love the planters!!! I also bought some geraniums. I hope I don't kill them!!! :)

Sherrie said...

Hi!
That's a lovely garden setting. It just begs to sit with a book and relax. Have a great day!

Sherrie
Food for Thought
http://100sweets.blogspot.com/2011/04/daffodils.html

Karena said...

Too cute a wonderful setting! I love what you have done.

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Come & Enter my Fashionable Giveaway from The French Basketeer!

Diane Mars said...

Beautiful, I sure love your collection of Pots, my colors and style! Diane

Donnie said...

What a lovely place to sit and enjoy.

Donna@Conghaile Cottage said...

I LOVE Victorian wire plant stands! They are one of my VERY FAVORITE THINGS! You little planters are SO DARLING gracing this beautiful stand...Thank you so much for sharing and letting us see your Treasures...
Happy Easter to you and yours,
Hugs,
Donna

Coloradolady said...

I so love your plant stand and adorable planters. I'd worry about putting the planters outside...but this is just adorable. Wish I had something similar for my patio. Happy VTT!

Anonymous said...

Oh, my gosh! I'm so in love with that plant stand. It is so cool! I love the vintage planters and trellis, too. You've really got it all going on. Have a wonderful Easter.

Pam Kessler said...

Beautiful planters. And I would love to have your plant stand. That is very cute and a perfect place for the planters.

Unknown said...

How pretty! I love your updated plant stand and I think it is so neat that you have the planter boxes your mother made. Thanks for sharing your beautiful flowers with us!

HaPpY vInTaGe ThInGiE tHuRsDaY!
Sarah

GardenOfDaisies said...

Love the plant stand, love the McCoy pots and I really like that little kitty planter too! :-) I bet you love having it all organized!

Deborah said...

I have a hard time keeping flowers alive too. We live close to the beach and the salty air is not good for flowers. I love your planter and I think your house is divine with all the pink geraniums and other blooming flowers.

Susan Freeman said...

I love your Victorian plant stand. It looks so pretty on your porch. You have a very nice collection of cache pots too. Just terrific! Happy Easter dear friend!!

Love,
Susan and Bentley
xxoo

LV said...

I enjoyed visiting with you and seeing all the neat ways you are doing your garden.

The Tablescaper said...

Your planter and all of it's lovely vintage pots look great. What a welcome for Easter.

It would be great to have you be a part of Seasonal Sundays.

- The Tablescaper

Anonymous said...

Just love you collection of vintage pots. The stand looks beautiful with all of them on there. Wonderful place to relax .

Rebecca said...

Looks wonderful! I've got two of these stands in black-they're so neat!

Jeanne said...

Fabulous. So completely homey. Love.
McCoy's. Garden. Wire. Good!
xo Jeanne.
http://www.beeskneesbungalow.blogspot.com/