Saturday, April 16, 2011

My Heart Was Touched

How can a complete stranger reach out to someone they do not know, and put a smile on their face?


Vicky from Granny's Attic did just that!
She had a wonderful give a way and I was the lucky recipient.
For all the bad things we hear everyday, there are so many good, kind, generous and giving people in this world.

Having a blog has made me more creative and has introduced me to many new and old friends like Tete from Beyond the Garden Gate (new friend), Robin (friend from my hometown) from Decorating Tennis Girl and Rebecca (cousin by marriage) from Ella Mae's Barn Gathering
and Shabby Pink World.

Now lets see what treasures Vicky sent!!!

Large box!

A Easter book like my Grandmother always had.
The tulip just happens to match the one I have on the table!

A lovely hand written note
Next is a green and pink apron with great trim...how did she know my kitchen is green and pink?
It went right up on the pantry door!

More goodies all wrapped up so pretty and tied with a lace ribbon.
This beautiful Iris table scarf makes me think of my Mom. She loved Iris's and I have her Iris Pitcher I display in the spring.....the scarf will be displayed with the pitcher!
Look at all these great things!

The blues will go in my spare bedroom, or as we call it "Mom's room".

Arent' these cute? I love vintage things in the original packages
White gloves that actually may get worn for DAR events
Even vintage jewelry, how about going to 1515 for my dresser?

Love the creamer and sugar! They will be going to 1515, they will look great in the kitchen!
Is this not gorgeous?!!
And last, something made by the hands of Vicky.
This reminded me of when my Mom would send me a care package, just because.
Vicky, I needed a care package this week and I appreciate it from the bottom of my heart.

Please check out her blog Granny's Attic

14 comments:

ann said...

Such lovely gifts. I totally agree with your comments on the friendships that we have formed through I blogs. A few weeks ago I wrote about a bottle of Wisconsin syrup that one of my blogger friends sent when I asked what they planned to do with all the syrup that had bottled. I was so surprised and really touched. Three cheers to Vicky.

Linda @ A La Carte said...

What a sweet gift box! I'm glad it came at a good time. I know the friends I've made blogging have been a God send!

Tete said...

Now that is a box full of fun! I am so glad it made you smile when you needed it! Everything is just perfect for you and 1515. She must have been checking you out! I don't think you could have done any better shopping for yourself.
Thanks for mentioning me- it's fun when you go visiting someone and there's your name in a post! Thanks for making me grin big here north of 1515.
Hugs- Tete

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh such beautiful and precious treasures. Isn't it wonderful to meet such lovely people in blogland and to receive such special presents. Everything truly is stunning. Congratulations. I know you will treasure them all. Hugs, Marty

Rose H (UK) said...

What dear gifts to receive - like sending a hug through the post :o)

Teresa@1800 Farmhouse Rd said...

Now that was a box of goodies!

Robin@DecoratingTennisGirl said...

What a great care package! Those gloves are so neat. I am glad you are in the blogging world with us. It is such a special place :)

Vintage Gal said...

What a lovely surprise. Love everything. Wonderful treasures ;-)

Queenie's Vintage Finds said...

What a beautiful box of goodies...I too have found that blogger friends are among the best people in the world and as you said... are so giving and kind...enjoy your new treasures Ann :)
Big hugs,
Queenie

Diane Mars said...

You were blessed wow what a wonderful box of treasures, and yes it is a joy to meet new friends in blogging... I must agree. oxox, Diane

Anonymous said...

Goodness! A veritable treasure trove! Wow!

Rebecca said...

Oh Ann, I'm so excited and happy for you! You so deserve it! I agree the best part of blogging is the friendships we build!

Jane said...

Congratulations on winning the giveaway!!
Jane

Grannys Attic said...

Ann,

So glad you liked your goody box. Sorry I haven't posted, but my brother was in a auto accident and is in critical condition and we are staying around the clock with him. Please if you have a chance say a special prayer for him and our family. Blessings, Vicky