Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Mr. a Picker??

Mr. a Picker?
No way?
Well, maybe?
 from my header you can see my window on the potting shed.
It is not really a window, but back in 1996 when I put the shed up I decided it needed a window.
So I bought a old window with panes, and used an old plastic lace tablecloth of my Grandmother's and made a curtain. I guess the idea was good because my neighbor did the same.
But the lace has browned and Mr. thought I needed a new window


So he said he had something for me?!
A bag of linens! He has someone who rents space from him that is a picker and electrician.
He has not paid rent in 8 months so my husband looked through to see if there was something he could use for my window.

amazing the bag had 8 pretty names with a "H" on them..our initial!
great job!
four pretty blue edged ones
I like the sweet little baskets
The lace he showed me I could not bring myself to cut up.
A very large ivory lace tablecloth.

One with lace on the edge
and a battenberg lace tablecloth
even better, they all were in great shape.
I think they may be going to 1515 with me.
Told  Mr.s to get back down there in the basement again.
Last time he brought something from the basement stack was this.
yes, my little enamel top cabinet, the top was perfect and we painted the bottom
instead I used a curtain that came out of my Grandmother's garage.
Looks good, he  was right it needed to be changed.
I had no idea Mr was a picker!!




13 comments:

Susan Freeman said...

Awww ~ he is so sweet!

Big Texas Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

Paulette said...

I love this post about your sweet husband. Such treasures he found, and the window looks so nice.

Elizabeth and Gary said...

Yeah! for the Mr. great picks!
Now can he find some for me.
Have a sweet day, Elizabeth

Susie said...

Those linens were too nice to use on an outside window. the old garage curtain , yes. Hope you are doing well Ann. I miss seeing all your nice flower beds around your house and the homestead. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

Susie said...

Those linens were too nice to use on an outside window. the old garage curtain , yes. Hope you are doing well Ann. I miss seeing all your nice flower beds around your house and the homestead. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

Terra said...

Your dh did great; the pretty napkins and table cloths, wow.

ann said...

What a find. I have searching the goodwill and Arc for table linens. Sometimes I hit the jack pot, some I pass on something and then ask why?

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

My goodness! You have him so well trained! He did real well for you. What a nice selection. I am crazy for little napkins like those. Have a great day deerie! Nice to bump into each other on a Thursday morning! Kinda rare for me.

Curtains in My Tree said...


What a good stash of linens to choose from

You have a very good Mr

LV said...

Love your little fancy cottage. It is nice to have a handy man for a hubby.

Pat said...

Ann,
Your "Mr." is a picker, indeed!
Loved the quote, "Now get back down there. . .", too, too cute!!!
Some beautiful linens for 1515 or your own home!!!
Fondly,
Pat

Jocelyn said...

Love the window frame idea. You have some great linens.

Jocelyn @ http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/

Mimi said...

Beautiful linens and what a great hubby to indulge you. Adorable :)