Thursday, March 24, 2011

Vintage Gardening Finds

Last weekend I remembered it was the 3rd weekend of the month and that a town a few miles away would be having their flea/antique market. I was trying not to go, but.....oh how I wanted to. So I gave myself a $60 limit and headed out.

Here is what all I got for the money!

The other things I will save for some other posts. I was happy to find some really good buys. In times I have gone and there would not be one buy under $30.

Here is what we are going to look at today...because I am ready to garden and get my garden cottage cleaned up.
I was thrilled to find one booth that sold nothing but vintage garden items. I could of bought out the entire booth...but I restrained myself!

I like sprinklers and when I saw this I thought of my Mom. She sometimes would talk about someone being hyper and would say "they were running around like a whirling dervish". Not sure if I really knew what that meant until I saw this. Now it makes me think of my Mom and it puts a smile on my face.

I collect these tiny flower pots...I don't think there is anyway you could use them? I have one that was my Grandmothers, hers is yellow.

Did you notice the seed packets?


 Check out the dates!


They will be displayed on this when I get it home............

My seed packet stand.


They had several sprayers, but I went with the Ortho one.

I can never pass up green tools.

And a tray.

love the flowers!

Joining Linda @ A La carte For junkin Fridays!

http://ljm-alacarte.blogspot.com/2011/03/junkin-finds-friday-21-big-announcement.html

25 comments:

JunqueMagnet said...

What terrific finds!I had one of those pots in orange - sold it last summer to make room in the cupboards!!And that seed packet stand is simply drool worthy.Enjoy and thanks for sharing.

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Cool finds! Wondering if you'll use the grass clippers:@)

mississippi artist said...

I love vintage garden things! You really found some neat things.

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I love the vintage garden items! You found some wonderful things...I love those clippers! hugs, Linda

Robin@DecoratingTennisGirl said...

I love that tray, Ann. I love larkspur, too! Are you here to in MO? I was at Copper Eagle today with Taylor and I bought the neatest metal flower stand today!

Tete said...

Awesome finds! Love the seed packs! And the planter, the tray, the sprayer...
LOL
You rock when you shop!
Hugs- Tete

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love the black tray! It's something pretty that you can use in decorating! Great finds! ♥

ann said...

cool stuff, especially the tray.

Lottie said...

Those seed packets are great! Great buys all around.

Vintage Gal said...

What wonderful treasures ~ love the tray and the seed packets ;-)

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

love the little blue flower pot!

http://inthehammockvintage.blogspot.com

very merry vintage style said...

Love the seed packet stand and the beautiful seed packets! Great finds
Mary

Diann said...

What awesome garden finds! And that tray is beautiful! I can't wait to see the seed stand with the seed packets. What a cute idea!

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Great treasures, Ann! Your little flower pot is pretty cute and I would love to see the teacups up close! I like your tray too. Thanks for your visit and have a wonderful weekend.

Blessings,
Sandi

Cheryl said...

Ann,
What great treasures you found...I love the little flower pot...is it McCoy? I am your newest Follower...can't wait to see what you find next!
Cheryl at My Sister's Cottage

Rebecca said...

Looks like you scored-great finds!!!!!

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

Oh that tray~ swoon!

Debbie~ said...

Wow, you found some fabulous treasures, the seed packets are wonderful and won't they be adorable in your seed stand, looove it!!! I've always had a thing for the old metal trays myself, they're wonderful! Debbie @ Cottage Hann~Me~Downs

Brayton Homestead Interiors said...

yes- wow- did you score- love what you found, especially the blue planter!

Karen

Victorian1885 said...

What allot of wonderful garden treasures! Have a great weekend..here's hoping Spring arrives next week.

Pam said...

Wow! Great finds. That Ortho sprayer is pretty cool.

Martha said...

Wow -- what treasures you found! I, too, love old garden things!

GardenofDaisies said...

I really love the old seed packets! My Mom collects old seed catalogs and I log browsing through them when I go to her house. Isn't it a shame that the illustrators were rarely, if ever, identified?

Babs said...

Ann, You found some really nice vintage things at the antique/flea market. I like to look at antique garden ornaments but usually find them priced well above my set limit too. I really like your shade garden in your header. The hostas are so full and lush and it looks like you have impatiens. They are a favorite "work horse" in my garden too. Thanks for leaving a comment on the pineapple sage. Have a great weekend.

Cindy's Cupboard said...

Wow! You had a fun time with your $60, didn't you? I'm happy for you!