Wednesday, March 9, 2011

My little touch of Spring

After I took down my Valentines and before I put up my Easter, some areas are a little bare, which I don't mind. On top of my curio cabinet I usually put up a Lenox pitcher I got for my Mom because it had her favorite flower, a Iris on it. Being March and the month of St Patty's day I decided to put my forsythia blooms in something green.

Just one simple vase with forsythia



But when you look closer it is not just any vase.

It is a piece from my collection of depression ware known as "Dancing Girl" or "Cameo" depending on what you see when you look at the design. Which do you see?
I have a large collection that sits on top of my Dining Room Hutch. It all started with the pitcher my Grandmother always had in the refrigerator with ice tea in it. I never asked whether she got it at a movie or in a box of soap.
I kind of like how the forsythia looks in the vase.

12 comments:

LV said...

This is a simple, but lovely vase with the right touch of flowers. I love it.

By the Bluegrass said...

very pretty! love the glass.
xo,
Sena

Rebecca said...

What an unusual piece -so unique! We have several bushes I may have to cut some myself!

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous vase. I love the forsythia in it. Mine isn't blooming yet, but it should be soon.

Susan Freeman said...

I love the glass vase and the forsythia too. So pretty!

Lots of love,
Susan and Bentley
xxoo

Tanya said...

I definitely saw the dancing girl first - this ROCKS!!!! What a beauty! Happy Thursday - Tanya

Robin@DecoratingTennisGirl said...

I love that vase/pitcher. Granny always had iced tea, Nestea to be exact, with a ton of sugar sitting in her fridge, too! :) You know how I feel about yellow!

Pam Kessler said...

Pretty vase. I see a dancing girl myself.

Coloradolady said...

This vase is really beautiful. I love the details on the glass...I am ready for spring too!! Happy VTT!

Donna said...

Your vase is really pretty! And I love the forsythia! Now I need to go out and cut some of mine to force, I am SO ready for spring!!!

gail said...

I love beautiful vases. Your post is another sign of spring....yeah!
gail

Michelle said...

Hi Ann!
Thank you for stopping by! I am having so much fun looking through your posts...looks like we love a lot of the same things! Your beautiful Forsythia has me yearning for spring...so, so pretty! I just planted two of them last year and can't wait for them to take off.
Have a great week!
Michelle