Friday, January 18, 2019

A Peek at Mom's Toys

First I want to say how happy it made me that many of my old and now new friends visited me on my past post, Thank you!

Continuing with our kitchen redo, and cleaning everything above the cabinets.

This is one of most treasured things....


My Grandmothers tin picnic basket that was always in her garage, that held my sweet Mom's toys.
I was always so happy to play with them, such sweet memories.

Want to see?

 Alot of odds and ends and things that came from her childhood in Detroit



A little doll be a souvenir from Springfield IL. I am sure her paternal Grandparents bought it for her. My Great Grandfather was a politician and worked in the Secretary of States office passing away in 1936.

She did not have a doll house but she had some great dollhouse furniture.
The details are great.

 I adore this 1930's kitchen sink


Glad her dolls had a full bathroom, isn't this just adorable?



 her little blue iron


 here are the inhabitants of the doll furniture.
They look like they are ready for a evening of dancing like Fred and Ginger.



And she could sweep up things with her little broom and dust pan

Last, something for my brother and I to play with and we did!
Chinese pick up sticks.

Such great memories 
Here is some cute pictures of my Mom in Detroit


look at her with her little purse

all dressed up

yes this really was in Detroit!

But my favorite hangs above the mantle in my cottage


visiting her Maternal Grandparents
Don't you love the Hollyhocks
Her doll buggy with her precious Margaret doll.
Yes........of course I have them!

Have a wonderful weekend

Ann

8 comments:

ann said...

You are so lucky to have your mother's toys. I have two dolls that mom said were her sister's. She left all of her things at home in Iowa when she moved to Colorado with my father after they married. Her stepmother got rid of all of her childhood things. The dollhouse furniture truly is a treasure. I am constantly looking for dollhouse furniture and have never seen anything like your species. Love the photos of your mom, too, especially on the pony. Great post.

Pat said...

Ann,
As we enter the time in our lives where we are editing our treasures,
it was quite refreshing to see yours! What pleasures they bring!
The doll house furniture was mesmerizing. . .I've not seen any like it!
Thank you for sharing.
Pat

NanaDiana said...

Ann- What a great treasure trove you have there. I love all the things- especially that little blue iron. Is that cute, or what!?! Have a blessed weekend. xo Diana

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

Such a wonderful post Ann! You have so many precious things to add to your memories. Love old family photos. Good luck with your kitchen reno, did it once, hope to never- ever do it again. :) Hugs, Pam

Marissa said...

What beautiful memories you have. I love going through old pictures what blessings...

Sandi said...


I remember pick up sticks!

Love the photo at the end with the baby carriage.

Divya said...

Superb Article i like Satta King by the next afternoon I'm chomping at the bit to get back to it.This is very good blogspot theme, where you can find out the best theme and latest designs Very good . Know what you mean. but You know about the Game which is viral soo fast in India play bazaar

tya6i said...

Never base a tax investment on current tax laws.Play Bazaar Do not buy real estate if your turning a profit on it relies heavily on the current tax laws of your state. Tax laws are often subject to change. You do not want to find yourself out a lot of money just because you didn't properly plan ahead.Satta King