Saturday, October 21, 2017

A Header Change?

I have not posted in sooooooo long.
I guess alot going on with life.
Along with wondering, does anyone even read my blog or care?

One person did notice I was gone, thank you
Susie!!


In May our beautiful 100 yr old oak tree was struck by lighting! Our arborist thought it would live and looked great all summer until August, one branch died, then another, then another.
Yes $4000 later my beautiful tree is gone and all that is left looks like a nuclear blast went off.

what a awful difference

the beauty is gone, this is this summer when it was doing well.

So do I change my blog header?


Other huge news, my husband sold his building and closed his 100 yr old business.
What a blessing! He got full price for his building and the people that bought it love it and are putting a distillery in it!

Even more, one of his customers called him and asked him to come work for them!! He set his own salary, FULL benefits after 1 month, and finally a great paycheck! The money does not go to pay the electric, for paint, etc. M-F 7-3:30. We are not use to spending this much time together, but it is great and what I had always hoped for us. I admire him for starting over at 60, that is not easy for anyone. But he has never had any other job than at the family business.

This summer we have had to replace our washer and the next day the dryer quit! and a new dishwasher too. Much needed repairs are being made, now that Mr has time to help.

the animals are great!
my niece who is a Vet, is now Greta's Vet and she put her on a pill for her itching.
Now she is gorgeous, with plenty of hair.....I mean HAIR!

Jasper 

Pounce

My Mother in law turned 93 and we had her over for dinner. It was nice not to have to share her with Mr.'s 7 siblings.


Summer birthday dinner.
I had to use my 4 quart Pink Gooseberry bowl because Mom gave me birthday money last year and I found the bowl in TX.

My flowers are going crazy! With the warm weather

and why is my Hydrangea trying to bloom in October?

I am on vacation for 2weeks.
Spent a week at 1515, Mr came over for my birthday and the twins and cousin Fred and all of us went out for a nice dinner.
But we did one of my traditions...picnic at Fox Ridge
he looks so happy, less stressed and just healthier these days!

trees are not changing, but I have my pumpkins out at 1515

I have been busy, writing a book for my Grandmothers childhood church.
just back from the printers!

I love spending my birthday at home
 My 7th bday at my other Grandmother's house. How I would love to have her friend chicken again.
The cake plate turns and plays "Happy Birthday". I still have it! And the dishes, the Fostoria butter dish, and my red and white cup with "Ann" on it. Looks like I was showing off my new Cinderella watch and we had Cinderella napkins.

Life is good...........




12 comments:

Susie said...

Ann, You made me laugh. I am so happy for you and your husband. Wow, just because he has some time now, did everything have to fall apart? What a sweet birthday you had and your MIL. I am sad about your beautiful tree and garden area. I will miss seeing all the trees across the way from me...a farmer bulldozed an acre of trees down...hope he doesn't do the entire woods. I have always love the beautiful header of yours. Aren't Pounce and Jasper from Tete's cat collection? LOL. Blessings to you, xoxo, Susie

Ann@A Sentimental Life said...

Thanks Susie! Yes the cats I got from Tetee

NanaDiana said...

Ann- I am so happy to see a post from you. I thought about you the other day and thought I needed to come look you up---but life is busy here, too. Still--no excuse.
I like your header-I don't think you need to change it unless you feel driven to do so.

I am so glad your hubby was able to sell the business/building. Hubby worked in a family business for many years and leaving it was one of the best things he ever did for himself. It took so much stress off of him.

Love your sweet pet pictures, too...and Happy Belated Birthday! xo Diana

riley said...

I am always so happy to see a post from you. Your childhood is so like my own. I sometimes feel like I'm looking at my own family when I see your pictures. So sorry for the spate of bad luck. Best wishes to you and the mister for your new direction in life.

kim said...

So glad to see you do a post. You were missed! Glad things are going well for you and your husband and furbabies. I hope that you do NOT change the header. It is definitely my favorite among all the blogs I read. It really drew me into reading your blog. If you do decide to change it I'm sure it will be lovely and I'll keep reading. Are you on instagram? Some of the bloggers do most of their posting there. I'd love to see you on instagram!

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

Hi Ann, Glad to see your newsy post. I have lost the blogging mojo myself, been dealing with health stuff, mine and hubby's. Crying over your beautiful tree. Thanks for keeping us updated on things and hope all the new things going on work out wonderfully. Hugs, Pam

Anonymous said...

Hi Ann! So nice to see a post from you. I have to say, I've not been blogging much myself - just life. Yours has been a busy one. I'm so sorry about your beautiful tree! What a blessing the job thing worked out so well for your hubby. He does look like a happy camper. And your little fuzzy faces all look well! And there you are cute as can be at your birthday. I'm just amazed at all of the family heirlooms you have! Thanks for popping in to see me and take care.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Donna said...

Hi Ann,
That is wonderful about your hubby and his new job! What a relief it must be to no longer have the headaches and expense of being self employed. I know just what you mean about wondering if others read our blogs or care. I was away a long time from blogging and I did miss it and the friendships, too! Thanks for visiting my Paris post! We stay on Rue Ecoles, just a few blocks away from Notre Dame. Like where you stay, it's close to markets, the metro, and really good restaurants. I miss it already! In my dream life we'd have a little apartment there:)

Debbie said...

Hello Ann...What great news about your husband's new job!! It sounds like you are starting a new chapter in your life! Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving your comment. It lines up with your post pretty well.
I understand what you mean about wondering if anyone even reads your blog, or cares what you post about. I stopped blogging for a few months, because I just felt like no one really bothered to read what I was writing anyway. I had to get over myself, and realize why I was doing it....because I enjoyed writing things down. If one person got something out of it, then it was a good thing. Plus, I enjoy reading other people's blogs! So why did I stop?
I am happy that your life is good, and you are happy where you are.
Your post is uplifting, and made me smile.
Love to you, Ann.
Debbie
xxoo

ann said...

Ann, I am so glad to see that you are still here in blog land. You shared great news. I am so happy of your husband. It must have either been very hard for him to let the business go or a great relief or both. Too bad about your tree, but I suppose that it is better to take it down rather than have it fall down. Perhaps you could find a wood worker who could turn a bowl out of a piece of the tree--if you have any of it left. Thanks for visiting. I hope I haven't lost all of blog friends by not staying current, but I just didn't have much to say. Hopefully I can still find inspiration.

Divya said...

Superb Article i like Satta King by the next afternoon I'm chomping at the bit to get back to it.This is very good blogspot theme, where you can find out the best theme and latest designs Very good . Know what you mean. but You know about the Game which is viral soo fast in India play bazaar

tya6i said...

To reduce the amount of stress in your life,Play Bazaar try to meditate, either with a group or alone in your home. This will give you the ability to focus your energy on something other than your problems and also appease your body from the inside out. When in a trance, you will be free of all your troubles.Satta King