Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Our Paris Bedroom

I have NEVER shown you any part of our bedroom.
I want it painted, it needs to carpet.
With our yearly anniversary trips to Paris, a few years ago that is how I decorated.
Thinking of all those past trips as Donna from My Shabby Chateau has whisked off to
Paris and Linda from A La Carte is counting down her days till she takes off for Paris.
By chance Ivy and Elephant is having a Parisian themed giveaway!

large picture that hangs on the wall

the colors are green, black and white




another wall holds postcards I bought along the Seine


candle holders above the bed
tassel tie backs for the lace curtains
you see there are tassels in the lace

scattered pictures that I have taken in Paris over the years
steps by Sacre Coeur
love this picture I took on our honeymoon

another honeymoon picture. The Champs Elysee was closed and the
French Flag is flying in the middle of the Arch De Triumph behind us

these pictures are all on our dresser
my favorite picture of Mr.
his first trip looking out our hotel balcony window
notice the frame has the arch de triumph?
And the Limoges pieces I have picked up over the years
Notre Dame

Eiffel Tower

Sweet hankie my Great Uncle brought back from WWII to my Grandma


a few little thrift finds picked up at Paris flea markets

Maybe we will go back someday soon
As you know Mr. has been struggling with his family business he owns.
They have been in business since 1921. Looks like he sold the building that 
houses his business but the new owner wants him to rent some space.
So I keep praying this happens, the best of both worlds...not worrying about
up keep, taxes etc. but still will stay in business with enough work for one
person to do in a small space.
It has been a very difficult 2 years.
Could better times be on the horizon.
I pray.


16 comments:

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

Beautiful Ann! Sometimes I think more beauty is found in our imperfect spaces in need of some redo. Thanks for sharing your sweet décor with us! Love the photos of you & hubby....too cute! Know you'll get back to Paris one day. The Grand Canyon is on our bucket list....got to get there one day!

:) Pam

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

Oh my goodness! I love all your beautiful Parisian treasures. The framed Paris picture is stunning and I really like all your postcards too.
Hoping to get to Paris one day myself, and I'm sure you'll make it back too:-)

Paulette said...

You certainly have a knack for decorating, everything you have shown us is delightful.

Olive said...

Your sweet memories of Paris are certainly echoed in this room Ann.

Teresa@1800 Farmhouse Rd said...

Your treasures are all so pretty, Ann.

Donna said...

Your Parisian bedroom is tres romantic, Ann! I love all of your framed photos and special touches. And the vintage hankie is a real treasure! We just got back from Paris yesterday, had a great time! I do hope that you are able to return someday very soon! I can so relate to the past few years being challenging! Here's to a brighter future:)

Unknown said...

Paris...........
I dream of visiting..I would never want to leave. So much beauty and Grace..Glad you made the trip and shared this with us..

Martha said...

What a wonderful "French" bedroom -- love all your PERSONAL touches! How terrific!

Anonymous said...

Oo la la! Hi Ann! What lovely Parisian things you have. Love all of your sweet snaps too. When are you taking another trip to Paris? We been a few times and it's so magical. Thanks for popping in to see me.
be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you shared this room and it's memories. So special. :)

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Ann you know I love everything you showed us! I just might have to decorate my bedroom Parisian style myself! I know I will have lots of photos when I return. I love that picture and those plates!!! I'm so glad you shared this as I count down to Paris!

hugs,
Linda

NanaDiana said...

Ann-What wonderful pictures. You two are just as cute as buttons together. What a wonderful picture of you at your wedding. Your Paris treasures are lovely. I hope you can go back sometime, too.

It is awful to struggle with a small family business. We finally sold ours a few years ago and the person stopped working it and never paid us...it should have been a retirement fund for us. There are lots of struggles that go along with ownership. I hope it works out for your hubby-

Finally got a working computer- xo Diana

SImple and Serene Living said...

I am so envious of everyone's trip to Paris. I would so love to hit the flea markets there. I hope everything works out with the business for you. So many of us have seen some difficult years. Time for things to pick up.
Hugs,
Laura

ann said...

Oh the rose in your last post is so beautiful. Way ahead of our roses. I am waiting, hoping, that my David Austin James Gallway grows and grows and gets full and beautiful this summer. Ah. Paris. I've never been there. Your bedroom has such sweet reminders of wonderful times. Very restful, I am sure.

Susie said...

Ann, I wish you the best on the business. I loved your pictures of Paris. My granddaughter loves Paris and she is only 9. Her bedroom is done ina Parisian theme. xoxo,Susie

Ivy and Elephants said...

What a gorgeous post in your Parisian bedroom. I collect Limoges pieces too.
Your Paris themed ones are fabulous!
Thanks for the shout out about our giveaway. Good luck!
Hugs,
Patti