Monday, October 25, 2010

Vanity tabletop

When I bought my Grandparent's house, the entire interior needed to be painted. Luckily I found someone to paint for me and she had some great ideas to. We were very much in sync with each other. When she saw what I had planned for the bedroom, she showed up at the front door with a white vanity that she thought needed to have a new home with me. I refer to her as "the Martha Stewart of Coles County" because she is so talented.



                                                             My free vanity!!


Using it to display some of my Grandmother's postcards and snap shots.

Wish I had the hat my Grandmother has on in the picture. The envelope marked "Kenneth" has my Dad's baby hair in it! The Mother card and home made cards were made around the turn of the century.

The Poppy card on the left is a trivia game about the different garden flowers and their names. How about using some of my Grandmother's curlers!

The dress and jumper on the stool were mine. I realized that when I looked at the Christmas pictures from when I was little......I still had the outfits. My mother had them in the cedar chest.

Joining Marty at A Stroll Thru Life for Table Top Tuesday

6 comments:

Tete said...

You sure have a very talented Martha Stewart. She did a terrific job on the vanity and what a gift!
Love the envelope with your dad's hair, they seemed to have all done that. My mom made sure I got my kids as soon as possible.
Hugs- Tete

Anonymous said...

Wonderful post. Your dresser is wonderful and the mementos are fabulous. I remember those curlers!

I read your profile and see we are from the same neck of the woods. When I saw your beautiful banner photo, I thought to myself, this looks like our part of the world.

susan said...

Ann-First, I love your banner! What a beautiful back yard! You have some real treasures and your "Martha" is a treasure too--the vanity is perfect there. I have those same kisssing angels too :)

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Your vanity is so pretty and you have such lovely displays. Love your "Martha", and all of the wonderful vintage items you have. Beautiful. Thanks for linking to TTT. Hugs, Marty

Rebecca said...

I just love hearing about all the history of the house and your family-it's wonderful!

Tete said...

http://myshabbychateau.blogspot.com/2010/10/window-makeover.html

Check this out- for over your bed- fantastic idea and I know you could do it yourself!

Hugs- Tete