Saturday, October 30, 2010

Happy Halloween!

What are your memories of Halloween? My parents were school teachers and every kid in the school district showed up to trick or treat us........luckily no one ever tricked us! I never had a fancy costume and my favorite thing was to go see my neighbours. My next door neighbour was like a Grandmother to me, and she always made us popcorn balls. I wish I had a picture of my brother and I. Instead here is a picture of my Great Aunt and Uncle.

The picture was taken in 1911 on the family farm NW of Ashmore. I think they did pretty good on their pumpkins!


We will be attending our neighborhood Halloween party, food, friends and a warm fire.
Have a Happy Halloween!!

2 comments:

Tete said...

Lovely memories and what a fun photo. We don't have anything like that at all.
I got to go trick or treating 4 times- I went once when I was 4 and then they outlawed it for many years.
Then I went again to a neighborhood block party- it was still outlawed, but we got by. Then one more time with a friend at her block party and then once more at 16- I took my little cousins. No candy and did not dress up but it was fun.
That is until my kids got to go- and we went every year.
I made their costumes some years and we made it fun for them.
Hope you have fun at your party!
Hugs- Tete

Robin@DecoratingTennisGirl said...

Those photos are awesome, Ann. I must get my scanner over here from the Inn to post some olden pics. I love seeing your. I had around 60 trick or treaters on Friday night. A light showing for us. We usually have over 100.