Sunday, December 17, 2017

Christmas at 1515

Another great early Christmas at 1515

I did not get the aluminum tree up, just never enough time! But in Nov the twins and I went to a Vintage Market and I got a baby tree.
the picture in the back is my Grandmother in a ice storm.

I think it turned out ok on my vanity, loved the reflection of it in the mirror

I did the kitchen in November

of course...Christmas Pyrex!

my Christmas aprons


Kitchens seem to be my favorite rooms at Christmas
I think of all the Holiday meals my Grandmother made in her kitchen and using her Hoosier Cabinet



We put the tree up in November too
fake but with all vintage shiny brites it looks good



the dining room set up for the party



my cousin in Seattle always sends a beautiful centerpiece!

put the Fostoria to good use


and did we have a crowd! 28 all mostly cousins with the exception of 6.
Yes some are distant cousins but cousins from my Mom and Dad both.
In a small town, they all know each other anyway and look forward to seeing everyone.
the dining room has seen many Christmas dinner, 1943


and Mr came for the 1st time! Visiting with cousin Fred

I put a tree up in my Dad's boyhood bedroom too.

blue
 shiny brites

Pictures of the cousins with Santa are displayed.
 Yes the colored ones are of me.

love my vintage Christmas items I display there, want to see?

all vintage




cousin Mary gave me the Santa sleigh this year for Christmas, I love it!





And then my Santa's on my Great Uncle shelf




Being there for a week was wonderful

We made cookies

Even went to see Christmas show
Always have loved the Big Bad Voodoo Daddys
Could not believe they were in Charleston!

wonderful Christmas show!

Of course home is decorated too

the new LED lights are bright!

Mr even did the sheds for me


Have a Merry Christmas and a Blessed New Year!


9 comments:

Mrs. D said...

Ann--this is the best Christmas post I've ever seen. Brings back memories. You were such a little baby doll (loved the family photos). Christmas trees everywhere (that's so wonderful you are sharing your house photos). The boxes of Snow Flakes, and Tinsel made me teary-eyed thinking of days gone by and Christmas at home with Mom and Dad. Your thoughts and photos of Christmas--It doesn't get any better. So glad I stopped by to see what you are up to.

Curtains in My Tree said...

This makes me home sick for my Grandparents house, this all looks so familiar.
I have said I would buy their house if it was still standing, it was torn down years ago to build a nursing home, which makes me sad.

your house is decked out for a vintage Christmas. Love it

merry Christmas

Curtains in My Tree said...

This makes me home sick for my Grandparents house, this all looks so familiar.
I have said I would buy their house if it was still standing, it was torn down years ago to build a nursing home, which makes me sad.

your house is decked out for a vintage Christmas. Love it

merry Christmas

NanaDiana said...

Ann-What a wonderful, wonderful Christmas post. It really is nostalgic and makes me long for my PA home and the Christmases there with dad and mother and my grandmother and brother....such a long time ago now.

I love that you are able to spend a whole week there with some of your family. Now THAT is a blessing indeed. Happy Holidays and a very Merry Blessed Christmas to you. xo Diana

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

I love all your festive vintage decor Ann. Such a lovely nostalgic post. Merry Christmas to you and yours! Hugs, Pam

Sue McPeak said...

Wonderful to see you collections, the kitchen and table settings. Wow on the Fostoria...so nice to use it on these special Christmas gatherings. Loved seeing each room and the photos that displayed wonderful memories. Thank you for taking the time to share with those of us in blogland. Fantastic post. Merry Merry Christmas, Ann.

popularinwest said...

Great Sharing I Like your article.Its too much good.
I Suggest you
CAR INSURANCE QUOTES PA COMPARE Please Review and Give FeedBack

Divya said...

Superb Article i like Satta King by the next afternoon I'm chomping at the bit to get back to it.This is very good blogspot theme, where you can find out the best theme and latest designs Very good . Know what you mean. but You know about the Game which is viral soo fast in India play bazaar

tya6i said...

A spicy solution to ridding your Play Bazaar garden of pests is to spray your plants with a hot mustard or red pepper mixture (one tablespoon of hot mustard or red pepper to one quart water). The solution is safe to spray directly on your garden foliage and pests can't stand the taste of it!Satta King
A spicy solution to ridding your Play Bazaar garden of pests is to spray your plants with a hot mustard or red pepper mixture (one tablespoon of hot mustard or red pepper to one quart water). The solution is safe to spray directly on your garden foliage and pests can't stand the taste of it!Satta King