Sunday, June 5, 2016

Watering Can Collection

I have been addicted to watering cans for years. You can tell by the line up on my bench 
on my header.
I even brought one back from Paris a few years ago in my luggage!
Some I use others are for looks
Here are a few from cottage. 

2 of my favorites, a German one with long neck and the green chippy paint one.

I have never seen one again like this one, makes me think of morning glories.

my cousin is building a "she shed" and I thought she was going to remove this little kitty cat from mine to hers!



Many are children's, love the gardening theme on them.

some are a little rusty, but I don't care


some are small

many probably watered African violets or houseplants on a wide windowsill

love the lines on this one
Many of the ones with the lithograph pictures are made by Chein

I don't think this one was ever used

I think I paid more than 59 cents!


they sit among my flower pots by McCoy, USA I have collected over the years.

Some were meant for gardening, like the Han-D Sprinkle Can





Time to head out to the garden.
It is a beautiful day here today.
Hope your Sunday is beautiful too.

Joining
Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olsen
Share your cup

18 comments:

Robin@DecoratingTennisGirl said...

Wonderful collection, Ann!

Linda said...

Your watering can came from Paris and mine from Amsterdam. Only 15 Euros❣Linda@Wetcreek Blog

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

Ann, your collection is just fabulous! Thanks for sharing. I have to go and look again. :)

Hope you enjoyed your sunday in the garden. It was up to 90 today so I hid in the house.

Debbie Kay said...

Beautiful collection. beautiful blog!

Smiles,

Debbie Kay

ann said...

You do have a collection. I recognized the little one with tulips on it because when my girls were little they each got one for Easter. I don't know what ever happened to them, but we did see on in an antique store a few weeks ago. Jen didn't remember that she had one. I almost bought it. Love your collection. I had no idea.

Gina @ VictorianWannaBe said...

Hi Ann, what a fun collection! I really like the child sized cans, so cute!

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Ann, I adore your collection! I collect them as well. I brought two home with me from my recent trip to S. Carolina. One is like your child tulip one. I'm hoping to display then in my new she shed as well. You have some very unique ones. Would love to score some more. I do have a long German one, and it's one of my favorites as well. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
hugs,
Jann

Tete said...

Now that is fun. Love the little green square one.

Alison said...

The one you thought has never been used is my favourite. What an awesome unusual item to collect and so pretty too.

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Ann, I just can't help but feature this week at SYC. :)
hugs,
Jann

Art and Sand said...

Your watering can collection is fabulous.

Thanks for sharing with SYC.

Curtains in My Tree said...

Those are all adorable sitting together. Years ago I wanted to start collecting the old children's beach pails or little metal buckets and they were outrageous priced back in the 80's

Love all your watering cans. I would love to come visit you and see all your collections

Rhonda said...

Oh you have a fantastic and lovely collection!

Susie said...

Ann, I have always loved the lined up watering cans in the header photo. I like the children's cans too. You do have some wonderful collections. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Kim said...

So many wonderful watering cans you have. What a lovely and whimsical collection!

handmade by amalia said...

Amazing. I didn't know they made such pretty watering cans.
Amalia
xo

Pat said...

Ann,
Don't know I missed this post. . .but I l o v e your watering can collection, dear friend!
Fondly,
Pat

Divya said...

Superb Article i like Satta King by the next afternoon I'm chomping at the bit to get back to it.This is very good blogspot theme, where you can find out the best theme and latest designs Very good . Know what you mean. but You know about the Game which is viral soo fast in India play bazaar