Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Vintage Halloween, Black Cats and Gurley Candles

Yes a entire shelf of black cats for Halloween

Happy Halloween!

A miss of new and vintage Halloween


my favorite little black cat and basket I bought many years ago, actually saw one in Texas!

I love postcards, but only have a couple of Halloween ones.

Boots approves of the Black Cat theme

I also love Gurley candles.
I can remember my Grandmother had the pilgrims, and turkeys out at Christmas.
Luckily I still have hers but I also bought my first turkeys and pilgrims for my own house with Grandma many years ago.
The Halloween ones are a bit more expensive, but I have gotten some over the years.

ghost, witches and pumpkins





wish I could get them for what they say on the bottom
different prices depending on the age

Other little vintage pieces


my little witch I have had since my childhood

And I did find something new to add in Texas, and it was only $6

the metal piece with great graphics

so I wish you a Happy Halloween
So excited is on Saturday, I always volunteer to work so those that have kids can be off, but I will be handing out candy on the front porch this year!

My Great Uncle Max and Aunt Esther
1914
Don't you just love it, even a broom in the picture!


8 comments:

Susie said...

Ann, I love your display of old things. I almost laughed at the prices though. Your cat is a beauty. Hope you haven't lost all your autumn color yet. I have been trying to soak it all up. Blessings to you, xoxo, Susie

Curtains in My Tree said...

I just love seeing all your family treasures.
The vintage Hurley candles are wonderful as is your real black cat

Paulette said...

i forgot all about the wax Halloween candles! I loved this post.

ann said...

What a fine collection of Halloween goodies. And you have a new kitty. He is so cute.

NanaDiana said...

You have such a wonderful collection of Halloween things. I have not seen Halloween candles in years and years. Everything you have is just fun. That picture at the end from 1914 is precious! You are so lucky to have it! xo Diana

Pat said...

Ann,
I adore your Halloween decor, dear friend!!!
I love cats. . .and Boots is absolutely gorgeous!!!
My MoMa had the set of Christmas Choir Boys, but they melted.
One Christmas she gave me some ca$h for my gift.
I was thrilled to purchase porcelain figurines that looked like those candles!!!
It made my MoMa smile when I showed them to her, too!!!
Thank you for bringing this precious memory to mind!!!
Fondly,
Pat

Unknown said...

ann always love your post would like to ask you something the man who has the my historic house blog do you know if he is ok? haven't seen a resent blog from him

Divya said...

Superb Article i like Satta King by the next afternoon I'm chomping at the bit to get back to it.This is very good blogspot theme, where you can find out the best theme and latest designs Very good . Know what you mean. but You know about the Game which is viral soo fast in India play bazaar