Monday, April 27, 2015

My Watering Cans

Last week I actually passed up a chippy green watering can,
pretty unusual for me.
From my header you know I love them
the big ones sit on the garden bench or back porch and are used to catch some rain water.

Others live on the back porch, found rusty


Special ones live in the Garden Cottage

one of my favorites

Some have flowers




Some have animals

or Fairy tale type characters




some have writing

My other favorite one
isn't she cheerful?

Oh the garden shed needs a good cleaning, cob webs, leaves how did they get in there?

this one came back in my luggage from France!
the spout comes off

Even the lamps are watering cans


wall pocket watering can

 a old tobacco drying rack hangs up smaller ones on the cottage porch


So where have I been?
Saturday our Charleston Riot Committee received
"Superior Achievement Award"
From the IL State Historical Society


Springfield is all abuzz getting ready for the Lincoln Funeral
I was able to grab a shot of Lincoln's home with mourning drape.
I start vacation Friday and will be going to 1515 because the
Lincoln Funeral Train is coming to Charleston after it leaves Springfield!
So I will be conducting tours and wrangling visitors.

Hope you enjoyed the watering cans

Ann




13 comments:

Gina @ VictorianWannaBe said...

Hi Ann, your watering can are wonderful!! I had always admired the ones in your header but I had no idea you had so many everywhere else too!! I especially like all of those play size watering cans with the nursery rhyme motifs on them. Very cute! Your shed looks and sounds like such a dreamy place to be.
That sounds like fun to be involved in the Lincoln funeral, I had never seen mourning garland on a house before, that looks neat.
Thanks for sharing with us what you've been up to, it's always a pleasure to read your blog.
Take care,
Gina

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

What a fabulous collection of watering cans! Amazingly hard to find around here. Have you had most of them for awhile?

I would love to take your tour. You wouldn't even have to wrangle me, lol. Congrats on the award.

Paulette said...

What a wonderful collection of watering can! You have opened my eyes to the beauty of them, I'm on the lookout some. Congratulations on your award, well deserved!

Donna said...

What a great collection of watering cans you have, Ann! My favorite is the French one, of course:) Congrats on your award, that is awesome!

NanaDiana said...

What a wonderful collection. I had one hat had the Mistress Mary on it that you have. I was about 8 or 9 when I got it, I think. Wish I still had it.
You have been a busy girl. Glad to see you! xo Diana

ann said...

You have quite a collection of watering cans. I didn't know. I especially like the children's cans. My daughters each had the green one with the colorful tulips on it. I think I bought them for the girls for Easter. Lincolin's house is grand. I'd like to see it some day.

Pam Kessler said...

Great collection of cans, but I'm more excited about the funeral train. Sounds weird to say, but that sounds like so much fun !!! Enjoy!

Susie said...

Ann, I have wondered since following your blog, if those were your watering cans. I am blown away by the amount of wonderful watering cans you own. Every ones is a treasure. I love you shed and all the nice flowers around it. That is a beautiful home. I have seen wreaths with black banners but never garland. Blessings to you, hope you are feeling great. xoxo,Susie

Pat said...

Ann,
Love, LOVE, L O V E your watering cans, dear friend!!! Cobwebs and leaves in the Garden Shed. . .NO W A Y!!! (wink!)
I am so very proud of all the work you do in your community and the award is so~o`o deserving!!!
EnJOY all your festivities and realtives!!!
Fondly,
Pat

Ivy and Elephants said...

Love your collection of watering cans.
I like the variety of cute ways you have displayed them around your home.
Hugs,
Patti

Terra said...

You have a lovely and extensive collection of watering cans, especially the ones in the first photo.

Tea in the Library said...

Featuring this post as my Pick of the Week Love it! I have a few watering cans but your collection is fabulous!

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Oh my gosh Ann, you have an amazing collection! I love them too, but do not have nearly as many as you. I seldom run across the child sized cans. I have the same one with the pansies and my sis has the one with the tulips. I would not be able to pass up an unusual or chippy one. Your favorites are mine as well and I love the one from France!
hugs,
Jann