Monday, May 12, 2014

Now and Then with a View

Owning my Grandparents home that they lived in for over 50 years
makes it strange as you look at old pictures.
The neighborhood really has not changed in all these years.
The homes are all the same, just new siding, new landscaping etc.

My Grandmother's Spirea bush is blooming!
Sometimes I miss it but it was in all its beauty last week.

2014
1950
bush, porch swing and 1515 sign are all still there 64 years later!


Then I found this picture of my brother with my 
Grandad's dog Sport
no porch swing on the white house, but the green house is unchanged.
The tree replaced by a utility pole.
It still is a great little neighborhood.

I have many more, just not scanned.
Seems they took most of the pictures outside, so I am always looking in the background.

Hope your week starts great...back to work tomorrow
vacation is over!

Ann

7 comments:

Paulette said...

Love seeing your now and then photos of 1515. The neighborhood certainly has stood the test of time.

ann said...

When I see photos and read about your grandparents' home, I remember my grandparents' Tudor style brick home that I drive by sometimes when I am in Denver, wishing it were still in the family.

Robin@DecoratingTennisGirl said...

I love this idea... Great photos and that dog is bigger than Mark! lol

Marissa said...

How awesome is this to live in the same home as your grandparents did. I bet you feel so much love there.
and what great photos You left me wanting to see more.

Susie said...

Ann, I missed this post. I love seeing all the wonderful pictures you have. It is a true blessings that you still have that home and all the things that go with it. You are a great record keeper. Blessings to you, xoxo,Susie

Gina @ VictorianWannaBe said...

Hi Ann,
How neat to have those photos for comparison. Looks like such a charming neighborhood and you and your brother look just alike!
Gina

Pat said...

Ann,
Those quaint neighborhoods are soon becoming just a memory to many. These photos of the now and then are amazing. Almost appears that one could truly "step back in time", doesn't it?
Busy week here on the Prairie with our first TAG $ALE and now City Wide Garage $ales!
Fondly,
Pat