Sunday, December 22, 2013

I Have Been Celebrating the Holiday!

Oh my I do not think I have gone this long without posting 
OR
this long without reading your blogs.

Seems this time of year every second is taking up.
I just got back from spending a week at 1515.
The days leading up to my getaway and since coming back have been days spent at work from 
0530  to 10pm, I am poop!

But come with me and see what I have been up to.


when I got there, snow was on the ground and by Saturday
it really started snowing!
but tonight was my Christmas party!


So as I baked I looked out the window.......
the flakes were huge

But I was rescued by cousin Max again,
do you remember last year?
he cleaned everything off so the party goers could get in

cousin Jerry's Grandaughter even came

my auction buddy Cheryl and cousin Phil's wife Joyce

I wish my dear Daddy was still here to join in the conversation with his 1st cousins

Susan, myself and cousin Jerry wife Juliene
I could not find my camera most the night. darn!
so I missed a picture of my Peppermint Punch made with Baileys
all I will say is YUM!!!

Sunday was Church, lunch out then a Charleston Riot meeting
afterwards they film crew was working on our documentary
my friend David who is a historian and genealogist

and my idol historian Nancy Easter Shick
We chose the old part of the Charleston Library
it is beautiful, built in 1904 and has Paul Sargent paintings about the 
twin fireplaces.

Monday was our baking day and our
"Christmas"

the table is set
I had a pork roast and hash brown casserole ready to go

How wonderful it was to have my Grandmother's Hoosier cabinet this year

Quality control/taste tester!


The twins and I have so much fun!

I had to move to the utility room, it was a great set up

I love the peppermint fudge I made!

the fake tree did not turn out too bad and when I left I did not have to spend time taking it down and hauling it out to the front porch.

I doesn't take much to make us happy as we unwrapped our gifts!

I was thinking of my sweet cousin Jennifer who wrote this, as we
were celebrating her wonderful MIL passed away in her sleep.
Christmas can also be hard on many, I am thinking of my cousin Bob's wife,
her first Christmas without him.

So Susan is waving Merry Christmas to all!


10 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh I love your family gatherings, you always have so much fun and I love all the memories you create. Merry Christmas. Hugs,Marty

Pat said...

Ann,
I know it is hard not to have our loved ones with us during the holidays, but as my dear JOY Sister stated at our meeting after just losing her beloved Mother~in~law. . ."She's home for Christmas."
I loved seeing all your decorations, preparations and the JOY on every face!
Merry Christmas, dear friend!!!
Fondly,
Pat

Pam@OurAdventuresInHomeImprovement said...

It looks like the snow cooperated perfectly for your party! Just enough to make it wintery, but not too much to keep people away. I love peppermint fudge too!

Merry Christmas Ann!
Pam

Gina @ VictorianWannaBe said...

Hi Anne,
I always enjoy reading your blog. I love the closeness that is there amongst you and your family, that is so wonderful. A lot of people don't have that, including myself. Too bad I wasn't born into your family! :)
Have a Merry Christmas and a blessed 2014!
Gina

Protector of Vintage said...

Sweet post. It's so nice you are surrounded by such a loving family. Happy Holidays!

GardenOfDaisies said...

You are doing just what you should be, spending time with family and celebrating this wonderful season! Have a very Merry Christmas!

Sally Annie Magundy said...

Everything looks so lovely and charming Ann! I love reading about your close knit family - I'm so envious, we are a small family and not close (but we are trying after all these years though yippie!).

Merriest of holidays to you and your loved ones!

Donna said...

Merry Christmas, Ann! You sure know how to celebrate and keep your wonderful family traditions alive!

Anonymous said...

Hi Ann! You're a busy gal! Oh, everything is so lovely and festive. I could get jealous with all of the relatives you have close by to celebrate with. And look at you! How nice to get to see you - pretty as a pictures! Now, if I could only reach through the screen and grab a cookie and a tiny piece of fudge! ;)
Merry Christmas, sweet friend.
Shelia ;)

Olive said...

You tree is beautiful. Merry Christmas Ann