Saturday, September 22, 2012

The Circle is Complete

This blog was named on a whim...
Just one day I was thinking and it came to me.
"A Sentimental Life"

If you read my blog, I think you know how appropriate it is.

My cousin sent this picture to me today
ok? I is just some guy mowing, you say..
it the same spot 1972, I am sure Grandad would be checking out what he was doing.

But I began to cry with tears of joy when I saw it.
It was my cousin John.
He had never been to 1515 since I bought it.
I had so wanted to have the 8 cousins together there, as you know
it never happened because my cousin and his brother Tom passed away.

John and Tom's sisters were going to have a sisters weekend
at 1515.  John and his wife surprised sister Donna for her birthday
by appearing. What a wonderful present.
Here is Donna as a baby in front of 1515 (notice the porch sign numbers?)
Great Grandfather, Grandad, Mother Mary and baby girl Donna


They talked, laughed, ate, looked at family pictures.
It has been a very difficult year for them..they miss Tom


I feel such a sense of peace.
Such a sense of happiness knowing that they are at my Grandparents home
being together.
That is all I ever wanted, when I bought 1515 for us.

It may sound silly to some of you, if your not sentimental.

I can only think how happy my Grandparents are looking down
on the home they had for over 50 years and know their family is still
sharing love and memories there.
Young and full of hope for the future and their family.

I wish my brother and I were there with them today
like we were years ago with Tom and John.
Maybe not playing on the porch,
but sitting on the porch just taking it all in.
I think it is good that they are together...healing.


sentimental " expressive of or appealing to sentiment, especially
the tender emotions and  feelings"

I guess that sums it up.



13 comments:

Tete said...

What a great post. Love your family and everything you do to keep them all together, even the ones who have traveled on. ;)

Susie said...

Ann, I am a sentimental slob...looking at old pictures of my own family will have me in tears. As a matter of fact, my sister Jeanie just sent some old photos of my children to me today, in the mail. I make extra copies, I will give to my daughters. It is so good that you bought your g.parents home. I think it's a sweet thing. Smiles, Susie

Anne@Kitschy Vintage said...

I loved this post -- I'm sentimental, too. The old pictures are so dear. Wonderful memories for you to have!

Unknown said...

What a thoughtful post!! It is so special to have family together!!

Best chris

Rose H (UK) said...

Hello dear Ann, I'm so pleased that all the cousins are back together again. You know I'm sentimental too and I can imagine how your heart is bursting with all the family around you :o)
Hope you have a wonderful week.
Rose H
xx

Jenny's Heart said...

I love reading about your home and family. Thank You for sharing both with me.

Olive said...

Ann,I think you named you blog so appropriately. the name is spot on. xo, Olive

Maureen Wyatt said...

I'm here from Sunny Simple Life and this brings tears to my eyes. What a lovely post! ~ Maureen

outjunking said...

You had me with tears in my eyes. I am so inspired for your love of family and home. It's a great thing... family and good memories.

Shortbread and Ginger said...

Wonderful story - thank you for sharing.
Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

Sunny Simple Life said...

I loved this post. It is featured today for Sunny Simple Sundays. It really choked me up too.

bj said...

This is such a tender and loving post and I loved every photo and every typed word. Thanks so much for bringing back MY memories of loved ones...and places. :)
I am linking to follow...come over to see me when you have time.

bj said...

silly me...i already was a follower...:))